The store will re-open at 7:25 pm Mountain Time.
Katadyn Vario Water Filter
Katadyn Vario Water Filter with Adjustable Water Flow for All Conditions
As the first truly new water filter to be introduced in the past 10 years, the Vario will turn heads with its unique features and technology. It is the best choice for making safe drinking water in a variety of conditions.
* Fastest water filter available - 2 liters/ minute
* Adjustable for different field conditions
* Only filter with replaceable activated charcoal core - see Link below
The Vario combines the benefits of the best technologies to become the ultimate water filter. It produces massive quantities of water in most water conditions, yet easily adjusts to protect the filter cartridge when water is dirty. The Vario also has a unique feature that allows the internal carbon to be replaced - reducing chemicals and always keeping water tasting fresh. It also attaches directly to most hydration systems for extra convenience.
REVIEWS & AWARDS:
* "Dad was right about a lot of things, but he was wrong when he said we couldn't have it both ways...For group filtration, this is the speediest pump filter I've ever used." - Backpacker Magazine 2007 Gear Guide
* "Katadyn Vario uses both ceramic and carbon filters so you can adjust the filtration according to water quality. Result: a filter that's fast AND long lasting." - Outside Magazine 2007 Buyer's Guide
* IPSO Outdoor Award, 2007
Unique, pleated cartridge design provides fast and easy pumping.
Convenient and handy for 1–2 persons (e.g. while hiking or trekking).
Compatibility: multi-water adaptor base makes it easy to fill any water bottle, container or bladder.
IIncludes: Prefilter, Cleaning Pad, and Deluxe Carry Bag
Microfiltration Method: AntiClog Technology with 107 square inches of pleated 0.3 micron glassfiber media (no cleaning needed)
1.0 micron ceramic prefilter (cleanable)
***Replaceable Granular Activated Charcoal: total surface area - minimum 1200 m2/gm - see Link below
Output...........up to 3 quart (liter) per minute
Capacity........106 gal / 400 liters - charcoal filter (depending on water quality)
Capacity........530 gal / 2,000 liters - ceramic filter
Weight...........15 oz (425 gm)
Dimensions...7.5 x 4.0'' (19 x 10cm)