Charcoal Green® SumiBalls™ makes an ideal hydroculture (hydroponics) medium for stronger plants and flowers.
Sumi Balls are made with high-grade organic charcoal, made from sustainable sources of Japanese Cypress and Cedar, and encased in a honeycomb ceramic shell. The active core of each SumiBall traps unwanted bacteria which cause unsightly algae, unpleasant odors and plant disease. Sumi Balls also adsorb toxic compounds such as chlorine, formaldehyde, and ammonia in a complex microscopic lattice. Sumi Balls reduce acidity to a pH of around 6.5, and absorbs liquids to approximately 70% of its volume for slow release direct to roots.
The patented ceramic shell makes for easy handling, and the shape increases both growing space and oxygenation. Available in a variety of colors including natural, terracotta, chalk, black and pastel blue, which can be used alone or in combination to make attractive and creative displays.
* The activated charcoal fights bacteria and increases oxygen levels and maintains high humidity around roots and stems;
....Promotes strong and healthy growth in garden and house plants
....Controls odors from standing water in vases
....Cuttings and seedlings thrive
....Cut flowers open sooner and last longer
....Vases stay clean longer by reducing algae
* Water retention allows reduced watering frequency;
....Protects against drought conditions
....Protects against over fertilizing and leeching away of nutrients
....Reduces impact of ‘feast and famine’ watering by steady release of water
* The ceramic shell ensures easy maintenance
....Long life – can be reused multiple times
....Cleaner and much easier to handle than horticultural charcoal
* Environmentally sustainable – SumiBalls are made from trees felled during natural forestry management.
* SumiBalls are an attractive product for display with plants and cut flowers – **especially in CLEAR containers**
HYDROCULTURE APPLICATIONS (see pictures below)
....Propagation, seeds and cuttings
....Plant pots with and without drainage
....Patio and bedding displays
....Bottle gardens and Terrariums